Chromebooks are excellent laptops for students, professionals, and anyone who wants a reliable device for browsing the web, creating documents, and streaming videos. One of the essential features of a Chromebook is its touch screen, which makes it easy to navigate and interact with the device. However, some users may encounter issues with the touch screen not working, which can be frustrating.
If you’re wondering how to turn on touch screen on Chromebook in settings, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of enabling touch screen on your Chromebook so that you can get the most out of your device.
Accessing Chromebook Settings
Before we dive into how to turn on touch screen on Chromebook in settings, let’s first discuss how to access Chromebook settings. There are several ways to access settings, depending on your device’s model and configuration.
One way to access settings is by clicking on the clock icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. This will open a drop-down menu, where you can click on the gear icon to access settings. Another way to access settings is by typing “chrome://settings/” in the address bar of your browser.
If you’re using a touchscreen Chromebook, you can also access settings by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping on the gear icon. Regardless of the method you choose, once you’re in settings, you’ll see various options that you can customize to your liking.
Navigating to the Touch Screen Option
To turn on touch screen on Chromebook in settings, you’ll need to navigate to the touch screen option. Here are the steps to find the touch screen option in settings:
- Access Chromebook settings using one of the methods mentioned above.
- Scroll down to the “Device” section and click on it to expand the options.
- Look for the “Touchpad and mouse” option and click on it to expand the options.
- You should now see the “Touchscreen” option. If you can’t find it, try searching for “touchscreen” in the search bar at the top of the settings window.
Note that the location of the touch screen option may vary depending on your Chromebook model and version.
Enabling Touch Screen
Once you’ve found the touch screen option in settings, you can turn on touch screen on Chromebook by following these steps:
- Click on the toggle switch next to the “Touchscreen” option to turn it on.
- Once you’ve enabled touch screen, you can test it by tapping on the screen or using gestures like pinch-to-zoom or swiping.
If your touch screen is not working after enabling it, here are some troubleshooting tips to try:
- Restart your Chromebook and try enabling touch screen again.
- Make sure your Chromebook is up to date by checking for and installing any available updates.
- Check your Chromebook’s display settings to ensure that the screen resolution is set to the recommended value.
- Try disconnecting any external displays or devices that may be interfering with your touch screen.
- If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Chromebook support for further assistance.
Disabling Touch Screen
While the touch screen on your Chromebook can be a handy feature, there may be instances where you want to disable it. For example, if you’re using your Chromebook in tablet mode and don’t want to accidentally touch the screen, disabling it may be helpful. Here’s how to disable the touch screen on your Chromebook:
Access Chromebook settings by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom right corner of your screen or typing “chrome://settings/” in the address bar of your browser.
Scroll down to the “Device” section and click on “Displays.”
Find the “Touchscreen” option and toggle the switch to the off position.
Confirm that you want to disable the touch screen by clicking “OK.”
Once you’ve disabled the touch screen, you can re-enable it by following the same steps and toggling the switch back to the on position.
In conclusion, knowing how to turn on touch screen on Chromebook in settings is an essential skill for anyone who wants to get the most out of their device. Whether you’re using your Chromebook for work, school, or entertainment, the touch screen can make it easier and more enjoyable to use.
By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can enable or disable the touch screen on your Chromebook in just a few clicks. Remember that disabling the touch screen may be useful in certain situations, such as when using your Chromebook in tablet mode.
We hope that this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process of turning on and off the touch screen on your Chromebook. With this knowledge, you can customize your device to your liking and enjoy all that it has to offer.